Secondary (8-12) and P-12 Certifications
The following certifications require an undergraduate major in the certification area or a very closely related undergraduate major. In some cases, an undergraduate minor in the certification area may also be considered. If you are unsure about where you meet the admission criteria for middle grades, please contact Dr. James Dantic by email or phone 859 622-7240 to discuss your educational background and goals.
If an applicant wants to earn a certification in an area unrelated to his/her undergraduate minor, two options exist.
- Option 1: Complete the undergraduate courses required for a major in the certification area and then apply to the MAT program. (This option usually does not qualify for financial aid.)
- Option 2: Enroll as an undergraduate and earn teacher certification through a second undergraduate degree. For more information about undergraduate programs - click here.
Certification in Grades Primary - 12
- Health Education
- Physical Education
- Physical Education & Health - dual certification
Certification in Grades 5 - 12
- Business and Marketing
- Engineering and Technology
- Family and Consumer Science
- Industrial Technology
Certification in Grades 8 - 12
- Biological Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Social Science